Working with children & minors
Having minors in the cast comes with special requirements and regulations in most countries. Dramatify makes it easier for the team by clearly flagging who is a minor.
Where does the Minor flag appear?
- In the People list
- In the Team report (People > Report)
- On the personal Profile
- In the Time sheet .csv export (for payroll and accounting)
Flag for a minor in the lower left hand corner.
Minor information in the Team report
How to flag a Minor
This is how:
- Click on the People menu in the sidebar, then on the button “Add cast & crew”.
- Add name and/or email address and see if they already have a Dramatify profile.
- If they do, just click Add (more on this below)
- If they don’t, just click the button “No, the person I’m looking for is not in this list”.
- Add the production information – role, permissions etc. – to your new cast member. Use the buttons at the bottom of the page to either invite now or later.
- On the second page of the “add member” section, you can – if you want – add the personal information of the new cast member. Here is where you flag a minor.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to the section “Address & Age” and click on it.
- Then check “Minor” and you’ll get access to the section to add guardian information.
Note that – if needed – the email address and phone number to both the child cast member and the guardian can be the same. For an older teenager who should have access to Dramatify by themselves, they can be separate,
How flagging a Minor differs on new profiles and claimed profiles
If a cast or crew member don’t already have a Dramatify profile, when you invite them to Dramatify, you create one for them as we did above. This profile will be pending until the individual responds to the invitation and claims their profile. Their team card will have:
- A blue border for members added but not yet invited, or
- A green border for members that have not yet responded to the invitation
In both these instances, you can click on the menu icon on the card and select “Edit” to add or remove the flag for a minor, or any guardian information.
A claimed profile do not have any border. If you edit these, personal information like age, image and contact information will not appear, only production information. The reason is that the individual now controls their own information.
If an existing profile for a minor doesn’t show the Minor flag, please send a message by clicking on “DM” on the profile card, and ask the individual to turn it on.
Try Dramatify today - if you haven't already!
First user for free. No credit card required.