Didn't get an invitation or activation email, or messages from your producton?Sign up if you haven't already!
How to fix email problems with activation, invitations and messages
from Dramatify for Gmail,Apple Mail, Outlook, Hotmail, Thunderbird, AOL, Yahoo, Postini & More
Didn’t get an invitation or activation email?
The most common questions we have at Dramatify are email problems. And they usually have a common root: an incorrect email address.
A correct email address is necessary for us to be able to send you an invitation to join a production, for you to be able to log in and to receive important production messages.
In fact, the function of the activation email is to make sure that you have entered the correct email address when registering.Three common questions are:
- I have invited people to join my production on Dramatify, but they say they haven’t gotten an invite
- I’ve been invited to join a production on Dramatify, but I haven’t received any invitation in my email inbox
- I have registered on Dramatify, but when I try to log in, Dramatify says I need to activate my account and I can’t find any activation email
To solve this:
- Check the spam folder in your email inbox, some services put most transactional emails there. Also, try searching your email for “Dramatify”.
- Double-check the spelling of your email address. Computers are not smart and can’t compensate for spelling errors.
My team members did not get invitations
If the problem is an invitation that has not been received, please recheck the email address. If it is incorrect, revoke the invitation and redo it, this time with the correct address. Otherwise, please ask them to follow the steps above.
The activation email still can’t be found
If you can’t find your activation email, you have most likely registered with an incorrect email address. Please email us at email@example.com using the email address you registered with, to get your account activated.
Whitelist your email address to make sure you don't miss production information!
It’s important that you can receive emails from Dramatify and that they are not spam-filtered out. Then you would risk missing important messages from your team as well as from Dramatify, and you would have difficulty in resetting your password if you forget it. In general, it is rare that messages from us are spam-filtered, but there is always a first time.
Below is information on how to whitelist us with Gmail, Apple Mail, Outlook, Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, ThunderBird and Postini. Even if your ISP or email program is not listed, with these instructions you should be able to figure out how to whitelist our email address at any ISP or with any email program.
Also, if you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org in your spam or junk folder, please take that opportunity to tell your mail program that it is not spam by hitting the “not spam”, “not junk” or similar button, as that will train your program to whitelist it.
- First, if you find email from us in your Gmail spam folder, select our email and click the “Not Spam” button
- Next, open an email that you have received from us
- Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to “Reply”
- Click “Add Dramatify to Contacts list”
Apple Mail for OS X
- First, if email from email@example.com ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click “Not Junk” at the top of your screen.
- Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu
- Go to the Rules tab
- Select Add Rule
- Give this rule a name such as “Dramatify”
- Create a rule that says “If any of the following conditions are met: ‘From’ ‘Contains'” and then paste in “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- From the actions, select ‘Move message’ to mailbox ‘Inbox’.
- Click “OK”
- On the Tools menu, click Options
- On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
- On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
- Add email@example.com where it says “Add address”
- Click OK
- First, if you find email from us in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click “Not Junk”
- Next, check to see if if the email address firstname.lastname@example.org is on your Blocked Senders list. If you find email@example.com on your Hotmail blocked senders list, select it and click on the “Remove” button.
- Next, open your mailbox and click “Options” in the upper right hand corner
- At the top of the page, click on the “Junk E-mail Protection” link
- Next, click on “Safe List”, which is down near the bottom
- Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org where it says “Type an address or domain”
- Click the “Add” button
- If you find email from email@example.com is going to your Yahoo! bulk folder, open it and click “Not Spam”
- Be sure that the address firstname.lastname@example.org is not in your “Blocked Addresses” list. If email@example.com is on your “Blocked Addresses” list, select it and click “Remove Block”Now to create the filter:
- Open your mail and click on “Mail Options” in the upper right hand corner
- Select ‘Filters’ (in the bottom left corner)
- On the Filters page, click “Add”
- Select the “From header:” rule, and add “contains” and firstname.lastname@example.org, which tells the system to put email with email@example.com in your inbox and not the bulk folder.
- Click the “Choose Folder” pull down menu and select ‘Inbox’
- Pick the Add Filter button
- Open an email from us and then click the ‘This Is Not Spam’ button
- Click the Mail menu and select Address Book
- Wait for the Address Book window to pop up, then click the ‘Add’ button
- Wait for the Address Card for New Contact window to load
- Paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the ‘Other E-Mail’ field
- Make our “From” address, email@example.com, the Primary E-Mail address by checking the appropriate box
- Click “Save
- First, if you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org in your Junk folder, right-click on our email and choose “Mark as Not Junk”
- Next, click the Address Book button
- Highlight the Personal Address Book
- Click on “New Card”
- In the “Contact” tab of the new card, copy and paste email@example.com to the email dialog box
- Click “Ok”
- Next, to whitelist your address book, select “Tools > Junk Mail Controls” from the drop down menu
- Update the “White Lists” module under the “Settings” tab by selecting “Personal Address Book” from the drop down menu, and then check the box next to “Do not mark messages as junk mail”
- Click “Ok”
- Log into your Postini account
- Look to see if any email from firstname.lastname@example.org is listed in your Junk area
- If you find email from email@example.com in the Junk area, check the check box next to the email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the “Deliver Selected” link at the very top of the Junk screen
- On the next screen, click the “Approve Sender” check box next to the email from email@example.com
- Click the “Approve Selected Senders” button
Try Dramatify today - if you haven't already!
First user for free. No credit card required.