Working with AV scriptsCommercials, storyboards or documentaries – what do you want to write? Sign up if you haven't already!
Working with AV scripts
AV scripts or Audio Visual scripts are often used when a drama script isn’t visual enough or a more detailed script is needed. Dramatify’s AV scripts are super flexible, making them useful for everything from documentaries and commercials to live entertainment, radio and webcasts.
You write AV scripts from scratch in Dramatify, and they work well for team writing. You can add a lot of different content and get it nicely separated, each with its own icon. You can create an unlimited number of episodes, and also mix them with drama scripts. AV scripts work with all other features in Dramatify that you can learn about in our FAQ & tutorial section.
STEP 1: Add a script
2. Select the script type you want, AV script for this tutorial.
3. Add the title for your script
STEP 2: Add scenes to your AV script
STEP 4: Mandatory elements
- A scene number
- A scene heading
- Estimated segment time (i.e. how long the finished scene should be)
- Estimated production time
With the creative content, you can add all or any of the following to a scene. Dramatify only shows the content you add.
- Storyboard image
- Camera instructions
- Action / image
- Dialogue / Sounds
- Sound / Sound effects / Music
- Participants (add them first in Characters or the breakdown)
STEP 5: Adding an image
STEP 6 (optional): Adding characters
STEP 7: Adding more scenes & segments
STEP 8: Editing and deleting scenes & segments
STEP 9: Inserting and moving scenes & segments
- In an unfinished or short script, you can open the edit window on each scene and renumber them from the end (since you can’t have two scenes with no 1).
- Insert a letter; i.e. if you want to insert or move a scene between two existing scenes, say between scenes 1 and 2, the scene you insert or move becomes 1B, then next 1C and so on.
NOTE! Set permissions
Only users with Production Admin permission will be able to add, edit, delete and work with AV scripts and screenplays. Learn how in the Roles and Permissions article.
Try Dramatify today - if you haven't already!
14 days of free trial! No credit card required.