Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
CSR –Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) company policy refers to our responsibility toward our staff, our stakeholders, customers, suppliers, the world around us, and the planet. Our company’s existence is not lonely. It’s part of a larger system of people, values, other organisations and nature. The social responsibility of a business is to give back to the world just as it provides to us.
This policy applies to our company. It may also refer to suppliers and partners. We will continuously improve our Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy by;
- Encouraging our business partners to implement CSR.
- Continually improving our performance and meeting all applicable legislation.
- Informing our staff to be mindful of the effect of their actions on non-renewable resources.
- Introducing procedures to assist with implementing CSR.
We want to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism. Our company’s social responsibility falls into two categories: compliance and proactiveness.
Compliance refers to our company’s commitment to legality and willingness to observe community values.
Proactiveness is every initiative to promote human rights, help communities and protect our natural environment.
Our company will:
- Respect the law
- Honour its internal policies
- Ensure that all its business operations are legitimate
- Keep every partnership and collaboration open and transparent
We’ll always conduct business with integrity and respect for human rights. We’ll promote:
- Safety and fair dealing
- Respect toward each client and user
- Anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices
Sweden, where Dramatify is based, is the sixth least corrupt country in the world and dedicated to fair labour practices. Therefore we must not take these for granted, but be vigilant when working with new regions, suppliers, customers and stakeholders.
Examples of Corporate Social Responsibility
Protecting the environment
Our company is built on the idea of preserving the natural environment and lessen the environmental footprint. The first issue we tackle is to help our customers and users to minimise the use of printed throw-away information which is rampant in our industry.
Keeping our environment clean and unpolluted is a benefit to all. As a company, we try to be a role model by:
- Working in an entirely digital process flow and not printing unless legally required.
- Championing distributed remote-work to minimise pollution by travelling and commuting.
- Choosing public transport as much as possible if remote-work is not possible.
- Choosing reusable and renewable materials over disposable as much as possible, from coffee cups to batteries.
- Promote a sustainable way of producing moving images.
We’ll ensure that we:
- Do not risk the health and safety of our employees and community.
- Promote an active and healthy lifestyle, including food and snacks offered in work-related situations.
- Avoid harming the lives of local people.
- Support equality, diversity and inclusion.
Dramatify’s founders are active in the local tech and startup communities as inspiration to other women, both as business and tech leaders and role models.
Our company is dedicated to protecting human rights. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and will abide by all fair labour practices. We’ll ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country (e.g forced labour).
Donations and aid
Our company may preserve a budget to make monetary donations. These donations will aim to:
- Advance the arts, education and community events.
- Promote smart, environmentally friendly practices
- Alleviate those in need.
Our company will encourage our employees to volunteer. They can volunteer through programs organised internally or externally. Our company may sponsor volunteering events from other organisations.
Selection of suppliers and business partners
We can affect the world around us not just by how we act and react, but also in the demands that we put on our suppliers and business partners. We choose them based on:
- Legal compliance
- Business and labour ethics, fairness and transparency
- High quality and deep knowledge including R&D
- Environmental efforts
- Community support
Preserving the environment
Apart from legal obligations, our company will proactively protect the environment.
Examples of relevant activities include:
- Promotions of practical ideas to minimise resource use and a switch to more environmentally friendly technologies
- Conserving energy
- Using public transport and other environmentally-friendly technologies
Supporting the community
Our company may initiate and promote community investment and educational programs. For example, we support industry training programs, especially in developing countries and regions like Africa. We also provide free accounts for educational institutions within film, television, video and VR/360°to promote green filmmaking and production processes. We support non-profit film festivals with free accounts to give away as prizes, also to get the industry to switch to more environmentally friendly management technologies.
Our company’s primary focus is R&D to develop the best possible future-proof solution for our industry. We are open to suggestions and listen carefully to ideas. Our company always tries to improve the way it operates continuously, learn from past experience and to create a non-judgemental learning environment.
Our company is committed to the ten principles of the United Nations Global Compact. We’ll readily act to promote our identity as a socially aware and responsible business. Management must communicate this policy on all levels. Managers are also responsible for resolving any CSR issues.