Sports production in the cloudTransform your sports production planning, scripting and playout today! Sign up for free!
Sports production in the cloud – for broadcasting & live streaming
Overview grid + Scriptwriter view + Rundown + Show mode + Integrated Cue Cards + Teleprompter export + Studio QR code access + More!
Sports production can take many forms. Dramatify offers integrated sports production features in the cloud for scripted sports shows, sports news and big live events. We’ll save you hours every day in pre-production, on set and on-air for a very affordable price! And out of the box, Dramatify works everywhere. In the studio. Telecommuting from home. From live events at the local stadium or an Olympic stadium across the world. An internet connection is all that is needed.
Sports productions must run smoothly. And fast. That’s why professionals – together with Dramatify – have developed the best TV and streaming sports production planning and rundown software for sports shows, live events galas, music and talent shows and other entertainment programs.
You and your cast and crew get an integrated workflow platform specifically developed to support the demands of modern sports production, from local events to the Olympics. You can do one-off events or daily shows. It’s that flexible!
Smart grid overview & planning built specifically for sports
A unique, super flexible rundown template built specifically for multi-camera live & studio productions
Show-mode with redlining
Integrated Cue Cards - both for print & digital devices
Export to teleprompters, MOS, subtitling & closed captioning
GREEN! Dark-mode for en entirely paper-free production flow
Collaboration for crew & cast
Save time and money! Each team member can efficiently collaborate, communicate and get the information they need according to their role and the access level the production has given them.
Without an overworked production assistant in the middle and without printing lots of single-use, throwaway information on paper. Go green!
Sports production: Use the smartest integrated rundown for sports programming with hosts, commentators and scripted content
Enjoy our unique, collaborative rundown tool for sports production in the studio or in the arena. It is developed together with sportscasters, directors, production coordinators and scriptwriters. Guaranteed, it saves time, resources and a lot of frustration.
Rundown grid for sports production planning and overview
The rundown grid is familiar for anyone who worked in broadcasting. Dramatify’s grid is fully integrated with the rundown and scriptwriter – it’s just another way to view the show’s content. The grid offers immediate input, making it perfect for early planning as well as fast changes and overview.
The grid also has a specific focus on event times, and commentators – built for sports and large competitions with multiple commentators.
Story shelf for sports pre-production planning, scriptwriting & storage
The story shelf is a bit of a Swiss army knife for pre-production and production – create, store and bounce!
You can use it to plan and pre-produce content for big events where the scheduling is still in development by creating and writing individual blocks that at a later date can be sent to the rundown for the correct day and time.
Secondly, it’s great to store scenes, blocks and pre-produced content that you suddenly need to yank out of a rundown due to new content replacing it – but you still want it available for later episodes.
And lastly, it can be used to bounce a scene or block from one rundown to another.
Distraction-free writing for hosts, scriptwriters & reporters
Hosts, scriptwriters and reporters can do their show outline and scriptwriting in a distraction-free writing environment without technical details. Our scriptwriter feature looks like a familiar word processor but is directly integrated with the technical rundown. It auto-locks on editing to prevent overwriting by mistake.
Each person in front of the camera can create and rehearse Cue cards (see more below) and teleprompter cues directly from this view which saves a lot of time. Permissions can be set so hosts, scriptwriters and journalists can create and edit action and dialogue content in the scriptwriter view, but not edit the rundown or the grid overview.
Flexible rundowns that’s easy to work with!
Dramatify’s rundowns are perhaps the easiest to work with in the industry, and includes playout options for ALL users. Easy template setup with select buttons and they are easy to customise for each user without affecting the content.
A few details:
- Drag’n’drop to move scenes, and to move shots within a scene.
- Easy tagging of different types of content.
- Automatic background colours depending on the source (EVS, studio, live-A, live-B, online, graphics, speaker, music etc.)
- Automatic timing depending on your timing settings and a manual timer for pre-recorded blocks.
- Recording/Act breaks with overflow warnings.
- Include/Exclude rundown scenes on the fly.
- Build scene alternatives when outcomes are uncertain (think a game or competition) and throw the correct alternative into the stream on the fly
- Various ways of adding notes and reminder images to the rundown, scenes and individual segments as well as personal notes that don’t print and are only visible to you.
- Redlining of the current scene in play-mode – immediately communicated with all users of the rundown.
Redlining during a live event with exact running time
Dramatify’s “show mode” keeps your crew up to date with exactly where you are in the show rundown AND keeps an exact duration and running time. When you hit the play button on the next scene, duration, running time and reverse time is adjusted to display the recorded time instead of the planned time.
This allows for an interview that overruns 8 seconds or a block that unexpectedly is 20 seconds shorter. All the time displays adjust to the correct time and you’ll also clearly see how much time is left to fill — allowing you to add content to a later scene to arrive at the correct length.
A rundown view where you can filter on a specific camera number or several. Just as in the main rundown, you can also show or hide specific information as well as increase or decrease the font size.
Integrated cue cards for print and digital devices
How about printing cue cards directly from the rundown 10 minutes before going live? No problem! But you can also edit the rundown content even during the show and a quick reload of the host’s tablet or smartphone updates the digital cue cards live!
Dramatify’s integrated cue cards read directly from the rundown dialogue and can be printed or digitally displayed with a few clicks, including selecting one of four fonts and a variety of text sizes.
Use a QR code or “secret” link to open a read-only rundown
Sometimes there is no need for studio personnel or auxiliary staff like translators to be part of the sports production on Dramatify as they only briefly interact with the content.
That is why you can create a read-only rundown accessible through a “secret” link or a QR code that access the link through the camera of a smartphone or tablet. The link can be manually turned on and off, and you can also add a last valid date and automatically close the link after that.
Note that the QR code and secret link functionality is only included in unlimited and enterprise plans.
User-friendly episode management
Dramatify’s episode functionality includes smart sorting depending on production phase, which team/s works with the episode, an option to add producer and director per episode as well as an episode synopsis, all visible in the episode list.
Above each rundown, you have the option of displaying technical requirement such as:
- Distribution platform
- Resolution, aspect ratio & frame rate and green screen
- Still photo format
This is especially useful if you produce content for a variety of platforms like broadcast, VOD, live streaming, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube and others.
Export to teleprompters, translation, subtitling & closed-captioning
- Download a MOS teleprompter file to any computer- works with AutoScript and AutoCue.
- Auto-fetch MOS / AutoScript / AutoCue teleprompter feeds from your studio computer. This allows live changes and remote production. (It do require development on your side that we are happy to help with.)
- Quickly export selected rundown content to a .txt file for import to any system for translation, subtitling, closed-captioning and teleprompters.
A smart sports production platform:
Rundowns integrate with all other useful Dramatify features!
Keep updated with the dashboard!
Just login to your productions on Dramatify, and you will immediately see your dashboard of new messages, documents, new team members and soon much more. Everything available with a click.
Real-time, automatic production updates
Keep your team members on top of production changes with the Update section. You’ll get automatic updates of new, changed and deleted episodes, scripts, cast roles, sets and locations, including optional comments on details.
- Schedule for up to 5 teams and unlimited episodes simultaneously. Works exceptionally well for either multi-location or multinational productions or productions with both pre-produced and live material.
- Switch between column view and stripboard view with a click.
- Extensive filters for faster and easier scheduling.
- Schedule crew on set with a click. This information is also used in call sheets, catering lists, time sheets and reports.
- Schedule cast and participants with call times, transport, rehearsals, makeup, hair, wardrobe etc.
- Direct connection with call sheets. Updates can be viewed immediately!
Integrated set and location management
Regardless if you are in one studio, venues with commentator booths, or in a number of different locations, Dramatify adds value with:
- Individual set pages that – for studio settings – can include props, set dressing etc.
- Location pages with geodata, image slideshow, imageboards with comments, release & owner information, greenlighting
- Linked maps and driving directions in the digital call sheets so everyone finds the way
- Automatic weather reports in call sheets from location data
Learn more about set management »
Manage hosts and participants
- Character type & cast master list – add hosts, reporters, commentators and other participants
- Character type & cast report with dates and days, episodes, scenes, sets and locations
- Schedule cast and other participants daily for transport, rehearsals, makeup, hair, wardrobe times etc.
Crew management & scheduling
Manage your crew contact details, ICE, contracts, releases & NDAs and scheduling in Dramatify. Always accessible on your phone!
Scene lists, stripboards, running orders & continuity
Dramatify offers super-configurable reports and running orders:
- Scene list with easy formatting of strips, extensive filters and sorting features that can be used for continuity
- Shooting order stripboard with easy formatting of strips, extensive filters and sorting features that can be used for rundown reports
- These can be formated as running orders, continuity and character continuity
- Easily print handouts or pdfs
Learn more about Story Order and Running Order >>
Reports & handouts, documents & files
- Dramatify has a plethora of lists and reports that can be customised by a few clicks. Each team member can get exactly the information they are looking for
- All information comes from one source and is always up to date
- Nearly automatic, very comprehensive daily production report
- Upload and share any documents and files with your crew and cast without requiring any other logins or accounts
- Create and share link collections with your crew, from dailies to graphic files or music.
“Dramatify streamlines productions. Everything for everyone is in your mobile in real time. No emails, no shared document, no missing info, no different versions. Everyone here just loves it!“
Gala show director, Europe
Questions? Demo Request? Contact us!
Try Dramatify today!
30 day free trial. No credit card required.