Talk show production – produce smarter, integrated & paperless!
With a daily or weekly talkshow, you don’t have time to spare. Increase speed and efficiency with a smart production platform with everything from messaging to teleprompter exports! With the world’s smartest multi-camera rundowns for live and studio productions, we make sure you are always on time on-air.
Even if you use iNews, it’s not always ideal for talk shows or current affairs. Dramatify adds more functionality to maximise the support for your production team so they can focus on delivering outstanding content! And if your team works with contributors not always on-site, you will truly experience the capabilities a smart, digital collaboration platform specifically developed to support the demands of modern studio productions.
Fast collaboration and messaging in one place - great for high speed productions!
A unique, super-flexible rundown template built specifically for multi-camera live & studio productions
Integrated cue cards, and exports for teleprompters, subtitling and closed-captioning
Distribute to studio staff with secret link and QR codes
GREEN! Dark-mode for en entirely paper-free production flow
Fast coordination and collaboration
Countdown to On Air! Speed up your team with Dramatify! Let your editing room, writers and anchors collaborate on content. Your crew work on details and preparation. Each team member can efficiently collaborate, communicate and get the information they need according to their role and the access level the production has given them. Without an overworked production assistant in the middle and without printing lots of single-use, throwaway information on paper. Go green!
The world’s smartest multi-camera live & studio rundown
Enjoy our unique, collaborative rundown tool for multi-camera live and studio shows, developed together with live-tv show directors, production co-ordinators and scriptwriters. Guaranteed, it saves time, resources and a lot of frustration.
Distraction-free writing for hosts, scriptwriters & journalists
Hosts, scriptwriters and journalists can do their show outline and scriptwriting in a distraction-free writing environment without technical details when you start a new production. Our scriptwriter feature looks like a familiar wordprocessor but is directly integrated with the technical rundown. It auto-locks on editing to prevent overwriting by mistake.
Each person in front of the camera can create and rehearse Cue cards (see more below) directly from this view which saves a lot of time. Permissions can be set so hosts, scriptwriters and journalists can create and edit action and dialogue content in the scriptwriter view but not edit the rundown.
The text can be tagged with action, dialogue, camera and lyrics, as well as various styling options and right-to-left text.
Flexible rundowns that’s easy to work with!
Dramatify’s rundowns are perhaps the easiest to work with in the industry. To set up a rundown format for your specific project just involves clicking on a number of on/off buttons to decide which content you want to include and in which order, as well as which time options you want. You can set up columns for camera, audio, graphics and screens #1-3 and use all of them, or a few, as well as the order you prefer.
When working with the rundown you have:
- One-click to duplicate scripts and scenes
- Drag’n’drop to move scenes, and to move segments within a scene.
- Automatic background colours depending on the source (EVS, studio, live-A, live-B, online, graphics, speaker, music etc.)
- One-click addition of sets and participants which are auto-linked to their respective pages.
- Automatic timing depending on your timing settings
- Various ways of adding notes and reminder images to the rundown, scenes and individual segments as well as personal notes that don’t print and are only visible to you.
Individualise the rundown
Through easy to use show/hide buttons and a text-size slider, all users can individualise the rundown to suit their needs in any specific moments. This means that a host and a camera operator can create entirely different-looking rundowns with a few clicks.
If you need to print a rundown, you can create a different rundown for different production roles through the show/hide settings.
“Dark mode” for paperless production
Dramatify’s “dark mode” is a switch for a dark colour theme that allows for a paperless production flow through digital devices. The dark theme makes sure devices displaying the rundown in a dark studio doesn’t glow and disturb the set, while simultaneously ensuring good readability.
Integrated cue cards for print and digital devices
How about printing cue cards directly from the rundown 10 minutes before going live? No problem! But you can also edit the rundown content even during the show and a quick reload of the host’s tablet or smartphone updates the digital cue cards live!
Dramatify’s integrated cue cards read directly from the rundown dialogue and can be printed or digitally displayed with a few clicks, including selecting one of four fonts and a variety of text sizes.
Use a QR code or “secret” link to open a read-only rundown
Sometimes there is no need for studio personnel or auxiliary staff like translators to be part of the production on Dramatify as they only briefly interact with the content. That is why you can create a read-only rundown accessible through a “secret” link or a QR code that access the link through the camera of a smartphone or tablet. The link can be manually turned on and off, and you can also add a last valid date and automatically close the link after that.
Note that the QR code and secret link functionality is only included in unlimited and enterprise plans.
Export to teleprompters, translation, subtitling & closed-captioning
User-friendly episode management
Dramatify’s episode functionality includes smart sorting depending on production phase, which team/s works with the episode, an option to add producer and director per episode as well as an episode synopsis, all visible in the episode list.
Above each rundown, you have the option of displaying technical requirement such as:
- Distribution platform
- Resolution, aspect ratio & frame rate and green screen
- Still photo format
This is especially useful if you produce content for a variety of platforms like broadcast, VOD, live streaming, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube and others.
- Schedule for up to 5 teams and unlimited episodes simultaneously. Works exceptionally well for either multi-location or multinational productions or productions with both pre-produced and live material.
- Schedule crew on set with a click. This information is also used in call sheets, catering lists, time sheets and reports.
- Schedule cast and participants with call times, transport, rehearsals, makeup, hair, wardrobe etc.
- Direct connection with call sheets. Updates can be viewed immediately!
Manage hosts and participants
- Character & cast master list – add hosts, dancers, musicians, participants, judges….
- Character & cast report with dates and days, episodes, scenes, sets and locations
- Individual character pages will all info, including a stylist section with scene items for wardrobe, makeup & hair including images and options
- Schedule cast and other participants daily for rehearsals, makeup, hair, wardrobe times etc.
- Make sure you have all contracts and releases in one place!
Keep track of all the details!
- Need to add props, food, graphics or any other details? Breakdown your script and add all types of scenography items, props, wardrobe, technical equipment and other scene items
- Works great on mobile for people on the go!
- Master list of all scene items with smart filters
- Add departments, tags, images and options to scene items
- Breakdown report
Reports & handouts, documents & files
- Dramatify has a plethora of lists and reports that can be customised by a few clicks. Each team member can get exactly the information they are looking for
- All information comes from one source and is always up to date
- Nearly automatic, very comprehensive daily production report
- Upload and share any documents and files with your crew and cast without requiring any other logins or accounts
- Create and share link collections with your crew, from dailies to graphic files or music.
“Dramatify streamlines productions. Everything for everyone is in your mobile in real time. No emails, no shared document, no missing info, no different versions.
Everyone here just loves it!“
Rami Lindholm, gala show director, YLE (Finland)