Administering team members
Here is how to invite and manage team members, cast and crew in Dramatify and how to add different production roles and permissions as well as increased visibility in certain areas.
Invitation and sign up
To start a production, you sign up – unless you already have a Dramatify account.
First, you create a personal profile, then a business account for your production company and finally your first production.
A team member, whether crew or cast, is always invited to join a production through Dramatify, they do not sign up by themselves unless they also run productions themselves.
The Dramatify personal profile
Think of the personal profile in Dramatify a bit like a Facebook profile. It’s personal and once created, the team member can be added to any number of productions (think Facebook groups) by searching and adding them to the production. You do not need to input any new personal information. Everything is already there as soon as the team member accepts the production invitation.
However, in the planning stages of your production, you can add people to your production and invite them when convenient at a later stage.
The link between permission groups and payment plans
Dramatify has three main permission groups and they are linked to your payment plan.
In most of our payment plans, you pay for anyone who can add, edit and delete production content while cast and crew with read-only access are free.
Production administrator – can add, edit, delete and read everything in the production including sensitive cast and crew information like home addresses and ICE information.
Creative – can add, edit, delete and read limited information depending on the access rights given to each individual. A creative can be anyone from a production manager who should have access to almost everything except sensitive cast and crew information to a makeup artist who can only work with Makeup Looks and details.
Cast & Crew (read-.only) – can only read the information in specific areas and you can also add additional access to for example scripts. Members of this group can send and read messages as well as edit their own profile.
STEP 1: Finding, adding and inviting a team member
Search after your new team member
After starting a production, you can immediately begin adding team members and get the discussion going in the newsfeed. You invite team members by choosing the “People” tab and clicking on “Add crew & cast”.
Add your team members name or email address to see if they already are a Dramatify member. If so, click to add. If you don’t find the person you are looking for, click the button at the bottom and proceed.
The difference between adding a new member profile and an existing member
There is a slight difference between adding an existing Dramatify member and an entirely new member profile.
- The first step is the same for both types. It’s a page where you set which role your team member has in the production, any extra visibility or credits as well as permissions and a few production settings. You then either send an invitation or just save the added member to send the invitation later.
- If your team member doesn’t have a profile before, you can – if you want – add additional member information such as image, statistics information, addresses etc. You can also leave this to the member to add themselves when they claim their profile after you have invited them.
STEP 2. Overview of adding production details
Overview of adding production details
When you add a new member to your production, you can add production details and permissions.
- Production roles – select which role the team member should have in the production. You can in several features address or share information with a production group that includes everyone with a role in that group.
- Teams – add them to one or more teams.
- Visibility – various specific ways of automatically adding a person to credits, call sheets etc.
- Permissions – add permissions in different roles. See more below.
- Meals – How to handle individual meal settings, if needed. Meal settings are first set in the production settings.
- Release & Contract – upload a personal release and/or contract to keep track of all paperwork. Releases for cast members will also be automatically linked in the Daily Production Report on days that cast member is shooting.
- Production notes – any production notes for this member that should be public to the production. Notes are visible when you click on a profile card.
View when adding a team member with an existing Dramatify profile.
View when adding a team member without an existing Dramatify profile.
STEP 3: Building your team list
Clicking on a card’s communication icons gives you one click direct messaging, calling, texting and emailing. Below you can see a team member’s qualifications. Click on the edit menu to the right in the toolbar gives you a glossary of the icons.
Clicking on the edit menu on each card, allows you to edit production details, resend invitations and revoke invitations.
Clicking on the upper part of a card and you open the production details and also find a link to the full profile.
STEP 4: How the invitation works
Clicking on the big blue button sends the invited member to a login page. A team member who already have used Dramatify for other productions, simply login and accept your invitation. If they are new to Dramatify, they sign up and create a profile page.
STEP 5: Shutting off access for team members
- You click “Remove Access” on the team member’s profile card on the People page. This will shut down their access, but their card will stay in the team list, team report and cast Day out of Days report. If you want to give this person access again, just click edit on their card and allow access again.
- You click “Remove from production” to completely remove a team member from the production, including the team list, team report and cast Day out of Day report. This is useful if a hired team member suddenly needs to terminate the engagement or if you made a mistake adding that person.
Personal Data Processing Consent
Who sees what?
STEP 3: Setting up a profile for a team member
If you add a person without a prior Dramatify profile, you can decide whether to;
- send an invitation and let them set up their own profile, or
- set up their basic profile for them
How to set up a Dramatify profile for a team member
The invitation process consists of an initial page for anyone you invite to your production and the second page is for new Dramatify members. On this second page, you can add the following:
- Profile image
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Home address
- Representation/Agent contact information
- Age (only applicable for minors. Also includes contact information for guardian)
- Personal ID number / Social Security number (if needed for the production)
- Union (if needed for differentiated wages)
- Gender (for production/commissioner statistics)
- Nationality (for production/commissioner statistics)
Try Dramatify today - if you haven't already!
First user for free. No credit card required.